Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Earth - An Organic Store in Beirut


I've been invited this afternoon to the launching of New Earth, an organic store in Beirut by Fady Daw, Adonis Valley. A New Earth is an organic and eco-living store. Their aim: "why organic? organic produce is not covered in a cocktail of poisonous chemicals. Fresh organic produce contains an average 50% more vitamins and minerals. Organic produce simply tastes so much better. Organic farms support and nurture our beautiful and diverse wildlife...."

Also, my friend Cherine Yazbeck is launching her new book, Rural Taste of Lebanon at ABC, Librairie Antoine from 6 to 8 pm. Should be an exciting afternoon, come join the fun!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, thanks for the information on this book, looks like a must have.
    I've looked around on line for a copy with no luck. Any ideas where i could pick a copy up< I'm based in the uk>
    Many thanks Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this looks very interesting. Where can I get a copy? Who's the publisher? Any information at all?
    thanks and blessings,
    Nancy Harmon Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get this book at antoineonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great book. Living abroad most of my life, I really want to know the old, rural cuisine that my grandparents grew up on, not just hummus and tabbouli. This book is a beautifully done compilation of some of those recipes, I really enjoying reading it. I have to say also that the lady on the cover is a treasure!! Looking at her makes feel at ease :)

    ReplyDelete